Sunday, October 5, 2008

1st Birthday Party Weekend!

This past weekend made for a fun and exhausting time! On Friday, Aunt Allison and Caleb and Madison and also Grandpa John and Grandma Connie came from Nashville for the birthday party. Mary Katherine really loved playing with Caleb all weekend-they really get along and are such little buddies! Saturday was the big party day-I would like to think MK understood all the commotion but I do not think she did. She loved all the kids and the balloons. She goes nut when she sees balloons -'"OOOOOOHHHH!". Right now she is obsessed with ducks so I decorated her cake with rubber ducks and she went nuts for them. She could have cared less about the actual cake. However she loved the kiddie food and had 2 servings-fruit cups, chick fil a nuggets and cookie cutter sandwiches. I am sure she also filled up on goldfish and chips!
All her little friends were there (and I wish I would have gotten more pictures)-her cousins, Lucy, John Miller, Morgan, Wesley, Hannah, Madden, Makenzie, Austin, Anna, Reese, Weston and Grant (his mommy came for him b/c he was sick). We missed some of our other buddies due to sicknesses and out of town visits:( I hope everyone is feeling better!
We opened gifts after most people left with just our families and some close friends-the Morans, the Horners and the Longs. Well, actually Caleb opened most of them for MK because he was so sweet and excited and she has no idea what was going on. She LOVED all her gifts once they were opened however. They are all over the house and she has been in heaven. Thank you so much everyone for your kindness and generosity-it was too much! We are just happy that everyone could be here to celebrate with us. Today we turned MK's carseat around (she won't be one till Wednesday, but we thought it was ok) and she watched her new Curious George DVD on the way to Lucy's baptism and didn't miss a second (thanks Wesley and Hannah!).
One more thing-I want to say a big CONGRATULATIONS to our friends Sally and Joey Stabile who welcomed their third child (and first daughter!) Stella Maria Stabile early Saturday morning around 3:30 am. Sally actually sent me an email from Northside telling me she was in labor and she was sorry they'd be missing the party! What a mulit-tasker! We can't wait to see pictures of
Stella and hope everyone is doing well.
Here are a lot of pics. They are all out of order (notice MK wearing her slip in the first pic-after cake)-also some are from Friday night.
Opening her baby cradle after the party

Jen and Baby Anna
Mak loves the balloons
We were so happy Christy and Reese could be here from Savannah!All MK cared about was the duck! She is wild for them!
Not a fan of mommy's buttercream icing-liked destroying the cake better!
Loves her school bus from Grandma Connie
MK and Cousin Caleb love the play food from Madden
Bentley protecting baby Madison
Mouth full of goldfish
Mommy made the cake-notice sagging border!
MK's special cake-Cousin Caleb liked it better than she did!
"Oooooh!"
The tennis girls and their girls -all born within about 12 months of eachother!
Allison & Madden, Christy & Reese, Erin & Hannah, MK & I, Erin & Makenzie, Jen & Anna

Who knew a $5 slide could be so much fun!Grandma Connie reading Goodnight Moon
Looking confused before the party (and after nap) with Grandma Cindy "Faster Caleb!"

Goodie Bags for all the little friends-I am bummed I did not get pics of all the kids, they were so adorable! Thank you Jennifer Mautz for the idea!
School bus ball pit from Mommy & Daddy
The ball pit makes MK wild!
Boom! I want to walk!
I don't know how to delete duplicates!!!


5 comments:

The Gordon Family said...

Looks like the party was so much fun, sorry we had to miss the fun. Tell MK Happy Birthday from Kate!

Kelly and Brent said...

Wow! It looks like MK had a wonderful time at her first birthday party. I am so glad it was a huge success.

Happy Early Birthday Mary Katherine!

Jennifer said...

Katie,
You did such a great job with MK's party! I knew you would (glad I was able to help with some ideas).... Everything really came out just perfect and most importantly MK looked like she had a blast at her party.

Happy Early Birthday Mary Katherine!

Lisa Sanders said...

What a fun first birthday party! I can't believe it has already been a year! Sorry we missed it, everyone looks like they had a blast.

MattandErin said...

Great pics, Katie! What a fun party!